Friday, March 8, 2013

Graham crackers and icing

2 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp. Milk
1/4 Stick Butter

To make the icing. Mix with a hand mixer the powdered sugar, milk and butter together until a relatively thick consistency is formed. If the icing is too thick, add a little bit more milk. If the icing is too thin, add more powdered sugar. Color your icing. Use food color to make your icing whatever color you want.


My son had ISTEP today and I wanted to make an easy snack for his class.  I'm not sure why I remembered this but when I was in fifth grade my Mom made graham crackers with green icing for my class on St. Patrick's Day.  All of the kids loved them and I was so proud that it was this snack that the kids always asked for after that.  It is amazing that something so simple can leave such a lasting memory.  I guess it taught me to never underestimate something you do for your child.  My Mom probably thought she was making a quick snack and yet I still remember those green iced graham crackers.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment