Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie

                                                              
1 bag small yellow potatoes, quartered
1 bag of carrots
1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and cubed
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Boil carrots and potatoes until done, drain.  Mix vegetables, chicken and soup, salt and pepper in a glass pie plate. In a separate bowl, mix the Bisquick, milk and egg. Pour batter on vegetable mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or golden brown.

I know everyone has a favorite chicken pot pie recipe and this is mine.  You can also add vegetables to this if you want.  I have to say I don't like canned vegetables for this recipe but if you are in a pinch they will work.  I like to use the rotisserie chicken because it saves so much time, but you could bake a couple of chicken breasts ahead of time too.
I served this with cooked cabbage, I love cabbage!  It is easy too I used a tablespoon of butter, 2 cloves of garlic minced, and a head of cabbage shredded.  Put the butter and garlic in a skillet for about 1 minute.  Then add the cabbage, stir occasionally on medium heat until wilted.  You could also cook this with bacon if you wanted.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment