Sunday, April 28, 2013

Cheesy Beef Bundles

1lb lean ground beef
3 gloves of garlic, minced
1 jar of prepared spaghetti sauce
1 cup of mild cheddar cheese
2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.  Brown ground beef and drain fat.  Add minced garlic and cook for another two minutes.  Add spaghetti sauce and cheese, stir.  Cook for 5 minutes.  Then separate crescent rolls into squares on a cookie sheet.  Pat the squares out so they are slightly bigger.  Place two spoonfuls of the meat mixture in the middle of the square.  Bring each corner of the square to the middle and twist.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.

My mother-in-law made this recipe with hot roll mix.  I loved the recipe but waiting for dough to rise and kneading etc. didn't fit in my schedule.  I was standing in the grocery store one day with all of the ingredients for this in my cart and trying to figure out what night of the week I had enough time to make it.  Then I saw crescent rolls, I didn't know if they would work but it was worth a shot.  I made them that night and it worked!  I also hold this recipe dear to me because I made these the night my son was born.  My Mom had come to my house to help me get things ready and Hank decided that he would come 10 weeks early.  My Pampered Chef stone still has four round spots on it from those cheesy beef bundles that night.  I love recipes that bring back good memories.  I hope you Enjoy and make your own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment