Sunday, May 19, 2013

Beef Shish Kabobs Marinade

So it is baseball/softball season...which means I have very little time to cook.  I have explained before that cooking is my stress relief, soooo I'm a little stressed right now.  I'm tired of ballpark food and fast food.  Today I was determined to have "real" food.  I got up this morning and put together shish kabobs and made a marinade.  I knew that the kabobs could marinate all day and I could grill them in the hour I would be home this evening.  I also made a blueberry cobbler (see my cobbler recipe in a previous post).  After two games today it was nice to eat at home.  So here is my marinade recipe.
    • 1 cup vegetable oil
    • 3/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1/2 cup lemon juice
    • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/4 cup prepared mustard
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely cracked black pepper
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground black pepper, and garlic.  Mix well, and add your favorite meat. Seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.  You can also place the kabobs in a dish and pour the marinade over them.  Then cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge.

Remember that meat and vegetables cook for different amounts of time so cook them on separate kabobs.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment