Thursday, May 23, 2013

Red Hot Cinnamon Apples

4 medium apples
1/2 C red hot candies
1/4 C white sugar
1/2 C water

Cut apples into slices.  (you can peel them if you want, but I don't)  Place all ingredients into a large saucepan and stir.  Bring ingredients to a boil.  Stir and reduce heat to low.  Cover and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until apples are soft.  Serve apples alone or over vanilla ice cream.

Not only is this recipe delicious, it makes your house smell amazing.  This is also really good cold.  Let the cinnamon apples cool, then refrigerate.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I came across this recipe! My grandfather used to make this when I was a kid and it just brought back memories! He also used pears. I will be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I came across this recipe! My grandfather used to make this when I was a kid and it just brought back memories! He also used pears. I will be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always had this for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in my family as a child (Central Kansas). I still make it today and the cold apples are wonderful in Turkey sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete