Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hank's Home Made Pizza

My son loves pizza, I mean what kid doesn't.  But I really dislike greasy pizza so I would rather make my own than order out.  I like making my own dough but I confess I don't usually make the pizza sauce.  If you have a good recipe feel free to share.
 
2 teaspoons dried granulated yeast
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup water, plus
2 tablespoons water

Place all the above ingredients in the order I have listed into the bread machine.  Select the dough cycle and press start.  When the dough cycle is complete, take the dough out of the machine and place in well greased bowl, and roll the dough around to coat it in olive oil.
Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1/2 an hour.  Knead the risen dough lightly.
To shape and bake: roll the dough into your desired shape.  Place on well greased cookie sheet or pizza stone.  Place in the oven for 5 minutes before putting on toppings.  Then add a toppings of your choice and bake at 400 to 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  
Topping Ideas:
For this pizza I used 1 Cup Barilla Tomato Basil sauce, 1lb of ground beef and 2 Cups of shredded Sargento mozzarella.
BBQ Pizza Chicken
1 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, 1lb grilled chicken sliced, 1 medium red onion thinly sliced, 2 Cups shredded Gouda (or you can use colby jack), two jalapeno peppers (seeds removed and sliced).
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment