Tuesday, January 22, 2013

In the beginning...

My name is Jo and to put it simply I like to cook.  I find it calming, exciting, frustrating, and tantalizing.  My kitchen is my hide away.  I go there for peace.  Peace from my two children, and unexpectedly large pup (also the biggest fan of my cooking).
I like to take old recipes and update them, give them new life.  I cook simply, I hate recipes that call for 20 ingredients and 30 steps.  Frankly, they scare me.  I'm not formally trained.  I learned in my Mom and Grandma's kitchens.  I have learned by trial and error. The greatest thing is when an error turns into something wonderful or I actually get a "that was great Mom" from one of my kids.  Most importantly, when I cook for someone it makes me feel like in my own way I am taking care of them, I am providing them with nourishment, and hopefully they leave the meal happy.  So this is my journey, in my kitchen, where I make old recipes new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment