Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Marshmallow Love!

S'mores Brownies
I could quite possibly love marshmallows.  I mean like true love.  I love peeps (only the yellow bunnies and only stale), I'm excited when Russell Stover's has chocolate covered marshmallows, and I drink hot chocolate just for the marshmallows.  But my all time favorite is s'mores.  So in the winter when it 22 degrees outside (like tonight) I have to figure out how to enjoy s'mores without the bonfire.  Now I'm all for microwave s'mores.  A graham cracker, large marshmallow, and your favorite chocolate put together and microwaved for 20 seconds.  However, when I came across this recipe I knew I had to try it. 

You need:  
  • 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I like Betty Crocker low fat fudge brownies).
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows or you can use large like I did in this picture
  • 4 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
  • 2 chocolate candy bars, broken into 1-inch squares 
  • Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Make brownies as directed. After removing pan from oven, set oven to broil. 
  • Immediately sprinkle marshmallows and graham crackers over warm brownies. Broil about 4 to 5 inches from heat 30 to 60 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown. (Watch carefully marshmallows and graham crackers will brown quickly.) Sprinkle with chocolate candy. Serve warm. 
This is now a family favorite.  I especially like using dark chocolate but you can use whatever chocolate you like.  Also, try sprinkling a little cinnamon on top.  
Enjoy, Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment