Sunday, February 17, 2013

Banana Pudding

1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
2 cups cold milk
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1 container cool whip
2-3 sliced bananas
1 box vanilla wafer cookies
1tbsp lemon juice

Mix pudding and milk; refrigerate for 5 minutes.  Add condensed milk and blend well; refrigerate again for 5 minutes.  Slice bananas and toss with lemon juice (prevents browning).  Alternate layers of vanilla wafers, bananas, pudding and cool whip. Finish with a layer of cool whip and garnish with crushed wafers.  Refrigerate for at least an hour.

Banana pudding is a delicious dessert that reminds me of being a kid.  I was reminded of this when my Step Dad's sister-in-law brought banana pudding to a 4th of July party.  It was so good I have to admit I ate a bowl and then hid a bowl in my Mom's refrigerator for later.  I finally got the recipe and made a few little tweaks.  This is the final result and I have to say it is pretty good.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment