Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pizza bites

Every time I make these I have to double the recipe, they are soooo good!  This is a great appetizer to take to a Super Bowl party or just have at home.  I put mini pepperonis in mine but you could use chicken or mushrooms.  Be creative some of my best recipes come from experimenting.
 
10 oz can refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese (I like Sargento)
1 pkg sliced mini pepperoni
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
 Garlic salt to taste

Directions:
1.    Pre-heat the oven to 400. Lightly coat cookie sheet (I like to use a Pampered Chef Stone) with cooking spray.
2.    Unroll pizza crust dough and cut into 24 even pieces. Flatten a piece and mound about 2 teaspoons of cheese in the center. Add a couple of the mini pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. Fold the edges of the dough around the cheese and pepperoni and press together to form a sealed ball. Place the ball, seam side down, on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough pieces to create 24 balls.
3.    Using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil over the tops of the pepperoni bites. Grate the parmesan cheese on top and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 16-20 minutes until golden.

I serve these with Contadina pizza sauce, it is my favorite.  You can just warm it up in a microwave safe dish.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment