Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lazy Blackberry Cobbler

Blackberry Cobbler may possibly be my favorite dessert.  I love that in the summer I can go outside pick an ice cream bucket full of blackberries and turn them immediately into cobbler.  In the winter I use the blackberries I froze over the summer.  You can also use frozen blackberries from the grocery store just make sure you defrost them.  Now I have been told by one of my friends that I make the weirdest but tastiest blackberry cobbler ever, you can be the judge.  Enjoy!

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup Bisquick
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
sprinkle of cinnamon
1/2 to 2 cups blackberries

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Place butter in a 9x13 pan and place in oven until butter is melted.  Beat together 1 cup sugar, Bisquick and milk until smooth.  Pour over melted butter in pan, do not stir.  Carefully pour blackberries over the batter, do not stir.  Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon over the blackberries.  Bake 45 minutes or until browned.  Serve with ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment